New! Pilot program: One Mile at a Time Transportation Program for Canadians with a blood cancer
During these uncertain times, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC) is here to support the blood cancer community. They recognize the unique concerns of people in treatment and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic, and they are amplifying their efforts through the generosity of their sponsors to provide information and support.
LLSC has established a Pilot One Mile at a Time Transportation Program to help Canadians with a blood cancer experiencing financial hardship with transportation related expenses to access a one-time per person $200.00 gift card to access rides through Uber in their community.
**As a non-profit organization, LLSC relies on the generosity of their sponsors. Program continuation is dependent on the availability of funds and the programs could be modified or discontinued at any time if funding is limited or no longer available. **
If you or a family member who has a blood cancer diagnosis and could use support through Uber to travel to treatment please consider the program.
Patients and caregivers are eligible if:
- He or she or their loved one has a blood cancer diagnosis.
- Has a minimum of 4 medical appointments related to his or her blood cancer diagnosis at a recognized cancer treatment facility in Canada.
- Can provide an email/note from a nurse or social worker or treating physician stating that he or she will have at least 4 medical appointments at the cancer center.
- Uber is available in your region
- The Patient or their family must have a smart phone and be able to down load the Uber gift card when sent to them.
To enroll, click on this link – https://www.llsform.org/8101FS01/bhn2ubohiw/index.html. The proof of appointments can be also be attached there.