Webinar – ABC’s of Bone Marrow Transplants
Date: Saturday, April 10, 2021
Time: 12:00 pm (Eastern Time)
Speaker: Dr. Michelle Geddes
Dr Geddes will discuss bone marrow transplants, in particular:
- Who is eligible, how is that determined;
- How does donor matching happen;
- Description of the actual procedure and the process involved;
- Side effects – Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD), isolation during the recovery;
- How COVID is affecting BMT patients.
- Complete the form below; or
- Go to https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vHAE502EREyOcsu5otntQg; or
- email email@example.com; or
- call 1-888-840-0039 and leave a message.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Dr. Michelle Geddes is a hematologist and clinical associate professor at the University of Calgary and Tom Baker Cancer Centre. She trained in Internal Medicine at the University of Alberta and in Hematology and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation at the University of Calgary. She has an interest in acute leukemias, myelodysplasia, myeloproliferative disorders and aplastic anemia and has a practice in general hematology and hematopoietic cell transplantation. She is active in teaching at the medical school and resident level
Please fill out the form below to register for the meeting.