2021 Marrow Failure and Myelodysplasia Patient and Family Virtual Conference
Saturday April 17th, 2021 – 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Please join us at this VIRTUAL interactive meeting. It is an ideal opportunity to learn, network with other families and meet experts in the field.
Click here for the event poster
This meeting is for patients and families with bone marrow failure disorders and myelodysplastic syndrome, physicians, other health-care workers, fellows, residents and all others who are interested in the field. Adult patients are also invited.
Overview and new developments related to the conditions and their treatments; transition of paediatric patients to care in adult centres; information about Canadian treatment centres and support groups; raising awareness; new research to understand the diseases and develop new treatments in Canada and abroad.
Click here for a copy of the Program Agenda
Physicians, scientists, research students, nurses, social workers, genetic counsellor, patient and family representatives
Examples of bone marrow failure and myelodysplastic disorders relevant to the conference:
- Aplastic anemia
- Fanconi anemia
- Shwachman-Diamond syndrome
- Dyskeratosis congenita
- Congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia
- Familial thrombocytopenia with predisposition to leukemia
- Pearson disease
- Diamond Blackfan anemia
- Sideroblastic anemia
- Kostmann and severe congenital neutropenia
- Cyclic neutropenia
- Glycogen storage disease type Ib
- Barth’s syndrome
- Thrombocytopenia with absent radii
- Familial or hereditary thrombocytopenias
- Myelodysplastic syndromes (familial MDS/leukemia, de novo MDS, therapy-related MDS)
- Multiple other bone marrow failure syndromes
Children are welcome!
Children’s activities and education sessions
hosted by Camp Quality volunteers.
The conference is free!
For questions and registration please visit https://cvent.me/gReNWN
Log in details for virtual attendance through webcasting will be provided.
Please fill out the form below to register for the meeting.