Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): UPDATE
AAMAC has been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and continues to observe Health Canada’s recommendations. Public health officials continue to advise that social distancing is the most effective strategy to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As such, the AAMAC office will be closed until further notice.
We are however working remotely. Should you need to contact us, please:
- call us on 1-888-840-0039 and leave a message
- email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Make sure you look after yourselves and you family and stay safe!
We appreciate your support and understanding.
Resources from other websites
- The Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation (‘AAMDSIF’) have prepared a Guidance for Bone Marrow Failure Patients to Protect Against Coronavirus (COVID-19) which was approved by their Medical Advisory Board. It is a bit more specific for bone marrow failure patients. Click here for a copy.
- Members of the MDS Foundation’s Board have put together information for MDS patients and caregivers about how COVID-19 impacts them specifically. This information can be found on their website here.
- The MDS Foundation has a list of COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions from the AAMDSIF’s first COVID-19 webinar can also be found on their website here.
- The Know AML website has been updated with information on the coronavirus (with the support of the MDS Foundation and Dr. Gail Roboz). The webpage features recommendations for patients with AML and is available in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) AND YOU…– from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada
Follow the latest updates from trusted sources:
Check your Province or Territory’s website for provincial/territorial updates.